You can find more meditation videos and links toward the bottom under the posts!!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Lessons only a child can teach us

I woke up this morning in a irritable mood! Why? I didn't know, but I was not in any mood for mom mode! Getting 3 children around for school, baths, breakfast, book bags around! No matter how I tried to analyze it, let it go, find the energy and joy inside myself, I just couldn't shake it. Not only me, but my children could feel it as well!

As my children were sitting at the table eating breakfast this morning, I over hear my 9 yr old son say, "Mom isn't mom today, we must be making her really mad and she doesn't want to be our mom anymore!" My 10 yr old daughter responded, "She's just grouchy, she must not of had enough sleep last night."( When in truth I slept 10 hrs straight and that def. wasn't the reason.) Suddenly, my 4 yr. old said, "It's ok, I was a baby at pre-school yesterday and I cried, but today Im much older, I am no longer a baby, but a big boy. Tomorrow mom will not be a baby, but a big girl!" It hit me suddenly, even at 4, my son realized that even as an adult we can turn into a "wounded child," a "victim"-but it isn't what defines us-it consumes a moment in time, but at the next given moment we can let it go, and grow up. That it is a brief state, but once we are aware of it we don't have to stay in that state! That it is "ok", accept it for what it was and just start over. We don't have to allow the "victim" moment to turn into guilt, or a vicious cycle that tears us down and carries on for days! Its as simple as realizing that we were there, but don't have to stay there~


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enlighten your world