We hear people say, "I am so happy with my life right now."
Why the, right now-why not "I am just so happy."
Why does it need to be an announcement-doesn't true happiness reflect from the soul-and the world just can't miss it? Shouldn't happiness be a verb and not an adjective?
I believe happiness is an action!!!
Why cant it be!!!
I am going to do happy!!!!
I am going to choose happiness-it is after all my life, my choice!!
I face challenges but not problems-my perception of them is why I can still do happy in the face of them!
I can do happy because I choose to do happy!!!
Do I have days where I am a bit stoic, sure-but happy is can still be there!
Peppy-does not necessarily equal happy-can I question life and work through deep thoughts and still do happy-heck ya!!
Does happiness only reflect thru partying or being hyper-NO!
Happiness is a glow a spark, a reflection in your eyes, that says there is a larger force at work in your life!
Of course I am happy, married for 14 years and 2 kiddos, and 2 dogs and all the makings of a chipper American home!
But that's not why I am happy, I know that I am happy because I choose to be! I have been challenged in my life and I have faced heartache, and I have hurt and I have been wronged. I have decided that in all of this episodes, I have a choice-to pick up and find the growth within this situations or let myself dwell on the human emotions associated with the human events in my life.
Do I love my family- very much. Do they drive me nuts- very much.LOL!
My choosing to DO happy does not make me fake-I am still as real even not MORE real because of my choice to be happy!
I guess the question here is where do you look for happiness, in things, stuff. If so you will be left empty handed because stuff can only make you happy for so long and you will only need more and more stuff-its no different than a drug, soon you need bigger and bigger things to enable you to feel that happiness-so is that happiness? I think not! What would happen if your house burned down with all of your possessions in it? Think long and hard and try to feel what you would feel if this were to happen. Could you in fact find the positive growth experience in this event or would you dwell on the loss of, stuff?
Maybe you just know if you found Mr or MRS Right that you would be happy. That in that other persons love and affection you would find happiness. Hmmmm, well I am going to go against all the grain here and say that love-or human love as we know it-is again NOT happiness-its companionship-it can be a false sense of security in which we place our future and our happiness. But isn't that other person human? So, aren't they going to screw up! I mean eventually they are going to let you down, hurt your feelings or maybe even worse ( I hope not-but reality is??). SO is that relationship happiness? What happens to your emotional state when they screw up? Try and focus on this scenario and see how you feel, how your gut feels.
Is your life over?
Can you just not go on? How will you survive? What will you do now?
I can promise you one thing-you are about to find out exactly what you are made out of. You are about to see how strong you really are. You are about to reach a cross roads where you can look for someone else to fill the void or you can grow and you can discover you, the real you!! You can discover your own happiness, happiness that can only be found in you!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
No comments:
Post a Comment