me, so fake, so annoyingly unaware of the universe around them, so absorbed in their own little worlds. Just annoyed-animals-hmmm they can see right into your soul and they know who is who!!!! They are naked literally and they fake nothing!!!
I suppose like everything else in my life I have reflected on the encounter last evening ever since I left the gala. Today as I cleaned out my closet and start to unpack clothes I can now fit in to yeah(33 lbs down) I began to think again about last night and my observations.
First let me say, I want to lose weight to be healthy, I want to keep this vehicle I have healthy and strong so I can use it for as long as I need to for my purpose. That being said my mind works so much better when it is feed correctly and when I exercise and keep my life organized and uncluttered! I am so glad to be on a road to complete and whole recovery!!!
BUT last night as I walked around I saw women who were extremely unhealthy skinny, I saw very obvious plastic surgery cases. I saw labels and tags on clothing, I saw head in the air and arogance on faces of the husbands. I also saw an obedience to their husbands from these very proud women. I saw how proud they were to wear certain brands or drive certain cars or send their offspring to certain schools, mind you not because of the education but the reputation is held for them.
If money is the root of all evil I was clearly in HELL!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!! AND I CHOOSE TO DRIVE THERE!!! What was I thinking!!!!! LOL!!!
As we made our way through the crowds I also met several women who were scientist, doctors, pharmacists, accountants, attorneys, SEVERAL professional women.
What a stark contrast these women were to the trophy wives. Today it hit me, not yesterday as I was there, but today. I spent most of my time conversing with the educated group of women. I realized they were humble, well spoken, and had a very partnership type relationship with their husbands and it was clearly obvious these 2 types of women were no where near the same circle. They did not mingle amongst each other at all. I being only in the middle of my education, and to be honest rather simple person, not wealthy, not poor, just average I could easily float amongst the groups, I really belonged to none of them. I wore a brand name shirt but my hair was by no means perfect and very little make up on-I suspect I looked about as middle of the road as I truly am. It made for a rather interesting experiment on my end.
I guess I say all this so that women in general can think about which woman they want to be-successful in your own mind-seeing yourself as an asset to society as a whole, maybe not a professional as far as society is concerned but as a mom or whatever career choice you make, are you really trying to make a concerted effort to help and change the world around us. Are you truly a servant of the Deity, the Universe or are you a servant and asset only to your husband. Are you pretending to be something you don't even understand in order to fit in and be liked or are you content making waves and being you!!! Its just something to think about, I know it def got me to thinking!!!!!
Blessings to all!!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
I too have often thought of the various types of attitudes and personalities amongst men and women in general. I use to be the "type" to care about material gain, be a part of the "in crowd" socially, and base my advancement in the world on a financial scale! What did that bring me, hmm lets see: How about a world I didn't understand and a place of being lost in general! I never felt quit good enough and I ended up forcing myself into a state of depression trying to "keep up with the Jones!" My mind processed not my own thoughts, but the thoughts of others around me, I sabotaged who I was as a person, and prostituted against my own personal morals! I struggled with anorexia and bulimia, because lets face it, when you focus on your outer world without an ounce of effort on your inner world, thats all you have! To be thin, wealthy, and who everyone else wanted me to be! As I aged, became a mother, and truely started to figure out who I was, the way I process life in general has completely change~ Wealth now equals true friends, true love, my family, my faith, my personal spirit, and WHO I want to be~ I no longer walk around with my head in the clouds, but truly focus on life, the lessons I have to learn and share, and my own personal knowledge and truth! I once asked a great friend how do we show the world the impression we want to give, her answer "JUST BE YOU"! So now, I am "JUST ME" I represent my own moral value, and am wealthy with the SIMPLE TREASURES in life which truly are FREE and can not be purchased only sought! I am no longer just content in life, but TRUELY HAPPY and TRUELY BROKE (lol), and TRUELY A LOVING FREE SPIRIT!
ReplyDelete