You can find more meditation videos and links toward the bottom under the posts!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chakra's ahhhhhhhh

So this week I have felt flighty-just spacey and sort of discombobulated. I forgot appointments ,assignments and just general everyday life stuff seemed to just not register in my head. Now, I was thinking good heavens am I pregnant-because lets be honest-HORMONES SUCK-and that very well could have been exactly what was happening. I decided instead I was run down and I need to balance myself. I needed to be grounded and balanced.
So what did I do I played my Chakra meditation and went to work, well not work, but it worked :) Anyway, I laid there for my 10 min. while I worked from the base all the way to the crown chakra and I can't even begin to tell you the difference. I just felt centered and alive and part of this universe again!! I would encourage anyone to just try it-you have got nothing to lose. On the side of this blog you will see links to youtube meditations, I personally love the first one listed under Chakra Meditation but everyone needs to find the one that works for them. You will notice there are also ones for positive meditation, to start your day with and also simple meditation to help get started. There are link toward the bottom of the page for each individual Chakra if you know the one you need to unblock. Several of these meditations are purchasable through individual websites. Disclaimer just as a warning they are not in anyway affiliated with us and we can not warranty their legitimacy, due diligence on your part is the best policy if you choose to purchase-o.k. now that the disclaimer is over!!

Now if you are not familiar with Chakra's you are probably wondering what in the world I am talking about. Let me try to give a simple explanation: Chakras are energy centers in the body.(clear as mud-right?) Well these energy center can get bogged down with gunk and they need to be re-energized and cleaned out. Blocked Chakras can often lead to illness, so its best to try and keep them cleaned out and balanced, like I said what do you have to lose-10 min of your time and a peaceful 10 min at that!! Disclaimer time-these are opinions of myself and several others who enjoy the Chakra meditation, however it does not and will never replace those professionals in the medical field. If you need medical attention then by all means see you medical doctor and just add this in as a boost to your mood and wellness of mind and spirit!!

There are 7 Chakras

1.Base Chakra
Location: Base of the spine and it is
Color: Red
Musical note resonates to: C in a musical scale
Emotions: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food

2. Sacral Chakra which is
Location: Just under the naval
Color: Orange
Musical note it resonates to: D in a musical scale
Emotions: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality

3.Solar Plexus Chakra
 Location: Just above the navel but below the chest
Color: Yellow
Musical note resonates to:E in a musical scale
Emotions: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem

4.Heart Chakra
Location: Between the breasts
Color: Green it
Musical note resonates to: F in a musical scale
Emotions: Love, joy, inner peace

5.Throat Chakra
Location:Middle of throat 
Color: Blue and
Musical note resonates to:G in a musical scale
Emotions: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth

Third Eye Chakra
Location: Just above your eyes in the middle of the forehead
Color: Indigo
Musical note it resonates to:A in a musical scale
Emotions: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.

Crown Chakra 
Location:Just above your head
Color: Violet
Musical note it resonates to: B in the musical scale
Emotions: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss


This is of course a very brief overview of the Chakras, enough to get you started on your way to internal health and wellness. A start in the ability for you to heal and balance your mind, body, and soul.

Photo from http://integral-taichi.blogspot.com/


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enlighten your world