I too have been taken over by this "wave" of fear several times in my life. However, nothing had prepared me for the wave of fear that came along with growing apart from my husband of 1oyrs. We had 3 small children, a mortgage, vehicle payments, school loans, insurance, medical bills, and basic needs for our children and ourselves. I wanted our marriage to work, or family to be together so badly, that I self sacrificed everything important to me, losing sight of who I was, all to be and feel like the perfect wife/mother. However, no matter how much I tried, the fact of the matter was, OUR marriage wasn't working. With lack of communication for years, opposite views on what is acceptable in a marriage, and being each others masks to our own realities, I couldn't stay any longer! I knew I had to go, for the happiness and well-being not only of ourselves, but our children.
Now for the next wave of fear: What is to become of our children from a broken home, a broken marriage, a broken family! How will I work full time, raise 3 children, and provide even the basic needs to care for them, when emotionally I could barely take care of myself~ Many sleepless nights, on bended knee, with tear filled eyes, begging God for answers or a solution to my dilemma!
Finally after months of prayer I finally received a message that pertained to my own life!
Their words were this: "Get up! You have created this state that you are currently in, you must get up and let go of all fears! Your children will always be protected for they are of God, just as you are. When love is created, those souls are bound in our light long before an earthly ceremony, just as when love is lost, the bond is broken here long before a divorce is final there. When two souls no longer grow together, the only way for growth is apart. Let go-Let God, and allow the flow of life to take place. With faith in self, in God, and in the future at hand, all will work out perfectly!"
Since then, I have never looked back, or regretted any choice I have ever made in life~ I know that every choice has made me exactly who I am today! Strength, independence, and faith can take us to a place way beyond mere contentment! It takes us to a place of self-love, respect, and complete happiness!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
I know we have discussed fear before and fear and excitement, have the same reaction to the body, both physically and chemically. Its how we choose to perceive those emotions and use them that makes the difference.
ReplyDeleteThink about it like this-when you get excited you jump a little, suck in your breath, squeal, you tense up, and your body produces adrenaline-
when you are scares what happens, you jump a little, suck in your breath, squeal, you tense up, and your body produces adrenaline
HMMMM now comes the reaction, excitement you embrace the situation in front of you for what it is, you logically process it and place it in your mind where it needs to go so that you can enjoy it-
Fear-Hmmmmm what do you do with fear?
What you should do is: embrace the situation in front of you for what it is, logically process it and place it in your mind where it needs to go so that you can do what needs to be done to move forward and learn from it, what you need to learn.
There really is nothing to fear in life but fear itself.
I too have felt fear. Fear of not knowing what will happen. Fear of not understanding WHY something is happening. Why am i feeling this way. Why am i not happy? How can i make myself happy? I decided one day to just take hold of my life. I met someone very special who showed me that it was ok to experience the love and happiness that i was experiencing. Not all of it makes sense---but one thing is clear---there is a PURPOSE. A reason our paths crossed. Since i have let go of such "fear"---of not knowing or understanding, or even just knowing what to do...i have been happier than i have ever known possible. And i just feel as it i am growing more and more each day. And while things are never certain, i truly believe that we make oru own happiness. We wake up each morning and we decide if its going to be a good day, or if its going to be a bad day. Just remember, we always have a choice.
ReplyDeleteI know what you feel Melissa when you say that "I know that every choice has made me exactly who I am today!"---thats exactly how i feel. Sure, i havent always made the best choices, but hey. If i hadnt made them, i wouldnt be who i am. I wouldnt be living here, i wouldnt have met my special someone, i wouldnt be happy. I think everything has a purpose----a reason.......we can only trust that whatever decisions we make will end up well in the end. Maybe not always at first---but in the long run we realize that it was the right choice. We have people who guide us. Friends who advise us. But most importantly? We have our hearts. We follow what our hearts tell us. What does my heart tell me? Is this love im feeling and am i happy? My mind says its wrong to feel what im feeling, and i shouldnt be feeling this. But my heart? My heart says WOW. Im alive. Im happy. I am dancing and shining and im super! So then, accept it. Make the decisions that have to be made, put them into motion, and what happens will happen. Just remember, in the end, that it will always work out. It will. I feel that everything that has happened to me in my life has happened for a reason. Each and every event in my life. All the heartache i have felt in the past. All of the sadness. All of the happiness, even. It all has a purpose. And if i hadnt experienced any of it, i wouldnt be me. I am glad to be me. A wise person once told me "dont fight it, or try to make sense of it....just accept it....."----so one day i did. I just let it be. I accepted it. And guess what? I am the happiest i have ever been in my life. What is fear? We can overcome anything we set our minds to. Fear is nothing. We can make ourselves strong and look past this fear. Be happy. Life is too short not to be........