You can find more meditation videos and links toward the bottom under the posts!!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I've decided to dig much deeper to define the difference between confidence vs. arrogance. It seems that many times throughout my own life, I have blended the two into one idea when in all actuality they are two different sides of who we are! Quite frankly one is defined by our ego and the other is defined by our soul.

Confidence comes from a place of knowing who we are as individuals, having complete faith in who we are, and where we come from. It comes from a place deep inside ourselves when we finally realize that no one is above us, while at the same time, knowing that no one is below us either. It is a humbleness that comes from a place of self worth and self love.

On the other hand, arrogance stems from the fear of not knowing who we are, what defines us, or where exactly we fit into this world. We have a hard time adjusting to the world around us and arrogance gives us a false sense of satisfaction and empowerment to feel above or better than another. Arrogance is false sense of security that seems to protect us from the judgments of those around us.

On a daily basis this replays in my mind like a recorder, to remind myself to be proud of who I am, the faith that I have, and to know that every choice I make not only affects myself but those around me. By being confident, I also spread confidence to the rest of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enlighten your world